Where exactly should I add the capacitor?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No- this is not an active setup. If it were, the cap would be 25-40uF range.

The point of the high xover is to keep the xover out of the wide-range/full-range driver's response, and allow it to do what it does. Then where the driver rolls off naturally, the super-tweeter comes in and adds the 'air'.

IIRC, this is where the kit from MAD has the tweeter applied, so it's the way it is intended.

Those of us that don't abhor xovers really would not have issue with a network lower in freq if both drivers could accommodate that mantra. The hand-off is the skill.

Later,
Wolf

No- this is not an active setup. If it were, the cap would be 25-40uF range.

The point of the high xover is to keep the xover out of the wide-range/full-range driver's response, and allow it to do what it does. Then where the driver rolls off naturally, the super-tweeter comes in and adds the 'air'.

IIRC, this is where the kit from MAD has the tweeter applied, so it's the way it is intended.

Those of us that don't abhor xovers really would not have issue with a network lower in freq if both drivers could accommodate that mantra. The hand-off is the skill.

Later,
Wolf

I was asking about my case. That is why I apologized upfront for going on a tangent. Seems it's confusing so I'll stop here. Sorry!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.