TAOB - Tiny Alnico Open Baffle (Lowther America)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
LOB (Larger Open Baffle)

The LOB used the B5 crossover, as the bass from the LOB was similar to the TAO without the boost that the B5 gave. Crossover HP was 2nd order at 150 hz, LP 2nd order at 75 hz, both HP and LP in phase. Sounds like it can't work, but the baffle fills in the rest. See Martin Kings website for the math.

Attachments

• LOB.pdf
    39.6 KB · Views: 302
Thanks alot John, I recon that you suggested passive crossover for Altec 416 and Lowther PM6a but I can't find it. Do you still keep it?

btw which one do you suggest between PM6a 16Ohm silver VC vs PM5a standard to be use in LOB? assuming both of them will have equal price

LOB (Larger Open Baffle)

A passive crossover can easily be calculated using the same slopes and crossover points as the active crossover. MH-Audio and a number of other sites have calculators to do this for you. mh-audio.nl - Crossover Networks

I prefer the PM5A ONLY if it has the 15 ohm copper voice coil. Nelson Pass prefers the PM6A 15 ohm silver voice coil. Take your chances. 5A is a little more detailed, has more tone and warmth.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.