Active sealed MTM with RS180P

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Discrete amplifiers would be the best option. But three of them at different power levels for each speaker... that's a lot. This is where chip amps fit best.

Chip amps do work well in this application. For discretes, you can simply change the feedback resistor to give more/less gain, or use a pot on each input. My amplifier, for example, can work from about 25V (7W) to about 52V (35W), and I'm almost 100% sure that changing the supply within these voltages, you won't even need to change the bias control. With a small change or two, it will go up to 100W. It does about the same power in 4 or 8 ohms because the VAS limits it.

Either way, I think those LM's will give you great results for little effort. Like I said, this build is an interesting one.

I've finished the crossover board. The chosen frequencies are 510Hz and 5.1kHz, and there's a 25Hz subsonic filter.
It's pretty much the ESP LR crossover adapted to my needs, it's tried and tested and it sounds very nice.
I will probably add the amps on this board as well, but we'll see how it goes.

Here's some nice renders

EKujBon.png

Rk7qemb.png

Bottom side is (mostly) used for power and the top for audio signals, but the grounds are common.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.