What is "Paracross topology" xover?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• 2d.png
    2d.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 141
What is this unclear drawing supposed to show us? Are you referring to parastitics? If so, why do you think this isn't covered in conventional black-box four-port theory (a four-port is exactly what a parallel-driver correction/crossover network is)?

You could even consider it's a "joke". But as a four port, it does take into account the infinity. Yes, I purposely use overly fancy language. I learned from the bs ... err I mean the best.

BS would be a reasonable summary, given that your drawing is illegible and you refuse to say anything whatsoever about it.

Just so everyone else is clear, you're not going to provide a single equation or piece of documented, peer-reviewed and accepted evidence to support your nebulous contentions? I think that tells everybody all they need to know.

Last edited:
Evidently not Andy, but then, you appear to be the only person here who believes this is some kind of competition. Nobody else does as far as I can see. We're all just eagerly waiting for you to prove your assertions, which, alas! requires more than an illegible line drawing on a scrap piece of paper which you refuse to say anything about. I've repeatedly asked you to provide your peer-reviewed evidence and equations, but they remain conspicuous by their absence. So in the interest of those who may not be up on the subject, and liable to being (inadvertently, I'm sure) mislead, I repeat my previous comment:

Get on with it.

Last edited:
diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
For a given circuit, one layout might work but another layout might not work.
This is RF theory. It is valid, and I always use it when building amps. I consider parasitic reactances, circuit loops and parasitic coupling, and HF resonances. Then.. I terminate the amp to RF and lead out to the speaker. The speaker circuit is high level, low impedance and has no gain, so I don't pursue RF theory there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.