Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

What glues to use to repair a small mylar-cone speaker?
What glues to use to repair a small mylar-cone speaker?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th November 2017, 02:41 PM   #1
quieter is offline quieter
diyAudio Member

Default What glues to use to repair a small mylar-cone speaker?

Not sure if this is in the right section of the forum but anyway here goes...

I replaced a small mylar cone speaker in my headset like this Click the image to open in full size. with a new one and I now want to repair the faulty one. The coil has detached slightly from the mylar cone and I'm not sure what glue to use to stick it back with. And, also, I need to glue the cone back to its frame when I've done the coil repair so I need to know what glue to use for that will allow me to open it up again in the future if necessary.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 6th December 2017, 06:38 PM   #2
gfiandy is offline gfiandy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Hi, contact cerment is the recomended glue for mylar, however I have never used it in this application. Mylar is a problematic material to glue as its surface emergy is low, this means most glues will peel back off it again.

What glues to use to repair a small mylar-cone speaker?Hide this!Advertise here!