2way SeasU16RCY/P + Ceramic/Ring Radiator/Ribbon?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,
after experimenting with Electrostatic/Magnetostatic full-range planar speakers, i am planning to build a 2-way standmount with conventional drivers.
I bought a pair of Seas U16RCY/P as midwoofers for the project and planning to cross them @2.5-3KHz 2nd order. Now i am looking for a pair of tweeters with flat extended upper frequency responce, low distortion and looks (yes, i want my tweeters to look a bit different than fabric dome tweeters :) )

Please do not comment on the above (for example midwoofer driver selection, crossover frequency etc) because this is not the point of my question and i have already bought them.

Reason i am writing this topic:
I am planning to buy a pair of the tweeters listed below:

A. Visaton Ceramic KE25sc
B. Scanspeak Illuminator R3004/602000
C. Fountek Neo X3.0
D. Gradient GRT175A

I would love to read your opinions for the ones listed above and/or recommendations for other tweeters! (price range: 250euros per pair max)

Thanks for your time and please try to stay on-topic :)

Last edited:
You could also look at the Scanspeak Illuminator R3004/602010. It has a lower Fs and less of a response hump at Fs which may make its crossover easier to design.

I found Troel's write up of designing a low pass filter for the U16RCY/P informative. LINK

I also have a pair of of the Seas U16RCY/P and decided on the the Seas DXT tweeter. I like the controlled directivity of the DXT and there are several designs (Seas IDUNN, Goran's Prestigious Two – Monitor DXT, Mark K's ER18DXT) based on it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.