Fostex FT17H with Audax PR170M0 - will this work?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, digging into this a little deeper:

If you are not going active, however, their enormous efficiency might be of concern. 100dB 1W/1M I don't like padding down my system, so I recommend going active.

They claim 100dB, but does this really look like 100dB?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Other people have told me that it's not a good idea to have to pad the midrange, but it looks like I'll be padding my tweeter, which says 98.5dB and looks like it. The midrange looks more like 95dB to me, especially over the range I plan to use it in (300Hz - 5kHz).

Here's the PDF for the tweeter:

http://www.fostex.com/support/pdf/fostex/ft_series/ft17h_data_sheet.pdf

I don't think you have to worry too much about padding the mids with the Fostex. Looks pretty efficient to me ;)
I still haven't gotten around to check on my system - too much work at the moment. I did, however, get another DCX unit (for 4-way active) and some more tweeters (DR - Research) for future experimentation.

Cheers

:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.