Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Restoration
Restoration
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th October 2017, 12:46 PM   #21
Boden is offline Boden  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

The first Vatero pics look exactly like mine
Old 8th October 2017, 04:48 PM   #22
muzyk_ant is offline muzyk_ant  Romania
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to muzyk_ant
so this ones you mean ? VIDEOTON 25 cm-es MELYSUGARZO PAR nagymagneses - Vatera.hu
I think they need also the rubber suspension to be changed. Btw , I've seen alot of vintage woofer with rubber surrounding replaced but, isn't that going to change the fs of the driver signiffically? The older ones like heco, canton etc had more like a rubbery surround as the new foam replacements are like spongy polyurethane or something...
I have also the option to replace the woofers with these ones:
DIFUZOARE 10"(25)cm Noi noute PENTRU Unitra Tonsil Altus Tineret Heco Bucuresti Sectorul 5 • OLX.ro
the seller has only good words about these ones but unfortunately he cannot give me some specs for them
Also he has the woofers from Heco Superior 600 speakers like this one: Tieftoner HECO SUPERIOR 600 | eBay
Indeed Wega's have rear mount woofers so will use some kind of gasket if needed.
Eelco, what project have you used the Videotone's for ?
Kay can I ask please if the measurements where made in the circuit or with the woofer disconnected.
Thank you for the help !
Old 8th October 2017, 05:02 PM   #23
Kay Pirinha is offline Kay Pirinha  Germany
diyAudio Member

No, I didn't disconnect the woofer. But a close look at the xover schematics reveals that this doesn't matter, as there is no other DC path in parallel.

Best regards!
Old 9th October 2017, 07:58 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Kay, I asked you that because I've measured myself the mid and the tweeter that I have. In circuit they measure both 1,5-1,7 ohms but by themselves the tw is 5,4 ohms and the mid is 3,8 ohms so close to 6 ohm and 4 ohm. I agree with you that the woofer hasn't anything in parallel but other that 10 Ohm resistor which is coupled with the capacitor and should'd change anything in DC but only AC ? Still... 3.2 ohms seems suspect low for a 4 ohm driver ?
Anyone with some specs on Heco Superior 600 woofer ?

Best regards !
Old 9th October 2017, 08:41 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

quote: isn't that going to change the fs of the driver signiffically?

The replacement surrounds I got were -very thin, excellent- Kurt Muller made, that did not change Fo at all.
Old 9th October 2017, 08:48 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

If I correctly understand, your Rumanian advertisement shows Tonsil GDN 25 series woofers. The Fo of the Tonsil 25 cm series woofers are significally higher (35-40 Hz in reality) whereas Cms is lower at approx. 0.5mm/N. than your originals, making them imho less suitable for relatively small closed boxes.
Old 9th October 2017, 09:54 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Hi Eelco, thank you for clarifying about the surround suspension. If I will need something like that for a pair of Videoton I will certainly ask you for details.

The Romanian advertisement is for a pair of Pro-Tech XA-125 Taiwan made Poly membrane etc. which are suitable for replacing tonsil, heco or other 10" woofers. Unfortunately I don;t know their specs other than power and dimensions. It;s about this woofer: Pro tech XA 125 10 Bass Subwoofer 250mm • - PicClick DE
If anyone has some experience with this XA-125 please let me know.
I searched for Tonsil woofers but not one suitable for this kind of application, many good ones for vented enclosures dough !
Old 10th October 2017, 01:44 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

I guess the best substitutes would be this ones specs and dimension as wel.
1 Paar ITT Basse Bass Lautsprecher LPT 245/25/120 FS 8 Ohm made in Germany | eBay
unfortunately the foam suspension is gone...
Old 10th October 2017, 03:14 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Later this day, when I'm at home again, I'll have a close look at this epay offer. For now I suspect you'll need 4 ohms devices, as said before.

Replacing the foam surroundings will just cost you affordable 20 to 25 EUR for the complete material and about 1 hour of labour per speaker. I did this very successfully at my pair of WEGA lb 3520's and another pair of compact bookshelf speakers made by Grundig.

Best regards!
Old 10th October 2017, 05:40 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Yeeks, about 50 EUR for a pair of obviously defektive speakers ? The vendor might believe in the easter bunny as well.

Best regards!

RestorationHide this!Advertise here!