lower enclosure volume

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello friends,
I'm planning to build a portable Bluetooth speaker with wooden enclosure. It consist of 2 woofers (3 inch) & 2 tweeters fed from two crossovers along with 2 passive radiators. Since I'm trying to make it portable I want to do it in minimum size. with my current design the enclosure have only 0.04 cubic foot of volume and i know its very small for the two 3 inch woofers. But I have also seen several diy videos where the volume is comparatively less. So I just want to know that how worse is this setup in terms of audio quality and performance?? Should I move forward with the design or increase to enclosure volume.

GM

Joined 2003
Greets!

The smaller the box, the higher its bass roll off and a modern phone's bandwidth is only 300-3 kHz, so how much more voice/music 'fullness' do you want compared to a phone's will determine how small a box you will tolerate.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.