SEOS 30 synergy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another option might be to use the waveguide from the MeyerSound Acheron. Just call them up and tell them you need a replacement waveguide. Parts list is here: https://www.meyersound.com/mail/2016/160401_ddr/pdf/2016_sppl_final.pdf

1231565.jpeg

MeyerSound Acheron waveguide, 31" x 15.5", plastic

Now that brings back memories! If only you knew how many times I walked past the shelves holding that horn and thinking to myself, “I wonder how that horn would sound synergized...”

Regardless, there’s not a chance in hell they’d release one of those horns without cross-referencing a sales history.

...I don't personally see any good reason to use anything bigger than what you're using [Bill Waslow's CoSyne design]...All the data seems to indicate that you can control directivity with an array that's wrapped around the waveguide, a la "Small Syns"...And if that's true, the only advantage of a larger waveguide is higher efficiency. Which isn't terribly important to me...If I were selling loudspeakers for a concert or a theater, I could see the appeal, but I'm not.

The K-402 is 39.5" wide x 25.5" high x 15" deep. Here is a picture of the K-402 and what I presume to be a SEOS 30 (30.75" wide x 20.75" high x 12.3"deep), side by side:

326936-hornografi-seos-30-og-k402-003-large-.jpg

The advantages of a larger horn, like that of a K-402, is much greater than you are apparently giving credit for. Having directivity control down below 200 Hz and the ability to acoustically couple at a much lower frequency into the corners of a room (i.e., in corner-horn fashion) makes for pretty spectacular clarity and intelligibility increases, among other factors not yet discussed. Perhaps a discussion of requirements prioritization and trades would be appropriate for the subject of MEH designs of this size. I'll try to do it in the Full-Range Synergy Kit Questions thread so as not to clutter up this thread with extraneous information related to the one horn identified (i.e., the SEOS 30).

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.