large void filling

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anybody know of any other materials that can be used to fill a large void in a speaker. For instance if you wanted to fill in the area behind an internal curved corner (with the outside of the box being square) what material would you use. Is there any thing besides concrete? I would just go with concrete but i have to stack these things 8 high and im concerned about busting through the floor of my house... If bondo is effective, is there a cheap place to get this other than lowes/home depot which charges ~$25 for a paint can sized container?

Chris8sirhC said:
Does anybody know of any other materials that can be used to fill a large void in a speaker. For instance if you wanted to fill in the area behind an internal curved corner (with the outside of the box being square) what material would you use. Is there any thing besides concrete? I would just go with concrete but i have to stack these things 8 high and im concerned about busting through the floor of my house... If bondo is effective, is there a cheap place to get this other than lowes/home depot which charges ~$25 for a paint can sized container?

1) How large a void are you trying to fill?

2) Do you need the material to have similar strength as the enclosure itself?

3) What type of wood is the speaker made with?

question 1: here's a pic the dimentions are about 31'' x 31'' x 20'' high for the whole structure, and im filling in the voids behind the rear curved corners.

question 2: the structural strength will all be taken care of by the box its inside of

question 3: its mdf, but im planning on just having a few dowels going through it to hold whatever in place.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.