interesting woofers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not yet. It will take some time for me to get to that. I'm stupid busy. I just ran a DATS. Good looking woofer from my point of view.

Attachments

• r176-kcb-08.jpg
    r176-kcb-08.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 590
Think this one seems even more interesting:
http://rivalacoustics.com/index_htm_files/R176-P-08_spec_sheet.pdf

Goes up high, at least according to the spec sheet. Would be nice to know what the measurement conditions are for these drivers, if there's any truth to it. At any rate, they seem to be well made.

For whatever reason, Rhythm Audio Design is selling this at $89 which is twice the cost of the R176-KCB-08 which is on sale for $45.

$89 is still a good price for a good 37 Hz woofer, but $45 is exceptional.

This product typically arrives at our warehouse in 9999 days, once ordered? I remember someone told me that MCM is closing. I'm not sure if it is or not.

I ordered 10 days ago and got it end of last week. I paid $46 plus shipping for 2 drives. The woofer are in perfect new condition. I have not tested them electronically yet. I am happy with this purchase.

Parts Express still have them in stock for $51 each.

MCM have been around for a long time. No sure if they are closing door soon.

Last edited:
Let's hope they are not closing. 40 years in business is a long time for sure.

MCM are not known for high end speaker drivers, but once awhile, they put out a gem in very competitive price.

I use 4 MCM Audio Select Model(55-5665) 6.5" woofer in 2 aperiodic cabinet as subwoofers. The 2x6.5" is equivalent to a 10" in total piston area. I am very happy with the result. They provide natural, tight bass extended below 40 Hz with ease.

More recently, I purchased a pair of Dynavox 5.25" and a pair of 6.5" from MCM. The price were right, but I have not tried them out yet.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.