Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

interesting woofers
interesting woofers
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th September 2017, 05:38 PM   #11
KaffiMann is offline KaffiMann  Norway
diyAudio Member

Think this one seems even more interesting:
http://rivalacoustics.com/index_htm_...spec_sheet.pdf

Goes up high, at least according to the spec sheet. Would be nice to know what the measurement conditions are for these drivers, if there's any truth to it. At any rate, they seem to be well made.
Old 10th September 2017, 07:54 PM   #12
Fangor is offline Fangor  Canada
diyAudio Member

It looks like Wolf is working on a build with one of the Rival paper drivers for the Meniscus Audio DIY. It will be interesting to see the results.
Old 10th September 2017, 08:20 PM   #13
keilau is offline keilau  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffiMann View Post
Think this one seems even more interesting:
http://rivalacoustics.com/index_htm_...spec_sheet.pdf

Goes up high, at least according to the spec sheet. Would be nice to know what the measurement conditions are for these drivers, if there's any truth to it. At any rate, they seem to be well made.
For whatever reason, Rhythm Audio Design is selling this at $89 which is twice the cost of the R176-KCB-08 which is on sale for $45.

$89 is still a good price for a good 37 Hz woofer, but $45 is exceptional.
Old 10th September 2017, 08:35 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

The R176-KCB is discontinued and I guess that's the reason for the low price. I couldn't pass it up. Yes I agree that 89 bucks for those drivers is a very good price.
Old 11th September 2017, 02:07 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangor View Post
The R176-KCB is discontinued and I guess that's the reason for the low price. I couldn't pass it up. Yes I agree that 89 bucks for those drivers is a very good price.
I would have ordered a pair of the KCB woofers if I had not just order a pair of the Dynavox LW6004PMR-NC I paid $23 per woofer and it is now only $13 each. I am not sure what the catch is.
Old 11th September 2017, 02:50 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

This product typically arrives at our warehouse in 9999 days, once ordered? I remember someone told me that MCM is closing. I'm not sure if it is or not.
Old 11th September 2017, 03:26 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
This product typically arrives at our warehouse in 9999 days, once ordered? I remember someone told me that MCM is closing. I'm not sure if it is or not.
I ordered 10 days ago and got it end of last week. I paid $46 plus shipping for 2 drives. The woofer are in perfect new condition. I have not tested them electronically yet. I am happy with this purchase.

Parts Express still have them in stock for $51 each.

MCM have been around for a long time. No sure if they are closing door soon.

Last edited by keilau; 11th September 2017 at 03:35 AM.
Old 11th September 2017, 04:42 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Let's hope they are not closing. 40 years in business is a long time for sure.
Old 11th September 2017, 01:16 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Let's hope they are not closing. 40 years in business is a long time for sure.
MCM are not known for high end speaker drivers, but once awhile, they put out a gem in very competitive price.

I use 4 MCM Audio Select Model(55-5665) 6.5" woofer in 2 aperiodic cabinet as subwoofers. The 2x6.5" is equivalent to a 10" in total piston area. I am very happy with the result. They provide natural, tight bass extended below 40 Hz with ease.

More recently, I purchased a pair of Dynavox 5.25" and a pair of 6.5" from MCM. The price were right, but I have not tried them out yet.

Last edited by keilau; 11th September 2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11th September 2017, 11:42 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

The Dynies are pretty good. A friend has a pair of the 6.5''. He had them in a little TM that sounded warm and nice. They should be pretty easy to cross.

interesting woofersHide this!Advertise here!