What do I need for DIY RTA?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I want to setup up an RTA to help EQ my subwoofer. I want to be able to do this on the PC using TrueRTA. Or is there something better for the money?

Anyway, I have a PC with an M-audio audiophile24/96 card. What do I need in the way of a mic?

I have a fairly limited budget, and am not that handy when it comes to building electronics. Therefore would rather not attempt to build my own preamp.

Any product suggestions? Or anyone out there that would sell or make a preamp for me, for a price??

Thanks in advance

Regards
Jamie Wilson

If you already have a measurement mic and really any preamp for the mic you can download SmartLive for free for a trial period. SmartLive is a very popular FFT program and is much more accurate than an RTA. Then you can just use your computers sound card to measure your sub.
-Ricky

Behringer DEQ2496

Hello,

I can suggest the Behringer DEQ2496, which is a very complete digital EQ with RTA through a microphone input. Check it out at:

http://www.behringer.com

These can be had in the US through Internet retailers for around $ 300,00. The machine might just solve a couple of other problems as well, so maybe it is worth saving for... I have one, works like a charm...

Regards, AudioGuy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.