Tweeter output dead on 2-way passive crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
Just measure the dead tweeter when disconnected from the cross over. If it's high impedance ( like 50 ohms or higher Or open circuit , it's the tweeter.

Just put any small speaker on the dead tweeters wires while the tweeter is disconnected from the crossover, if you hear some thing then it's likely the tweeter, if it's the crossover , most likely the capacitor, then check the resistors. Least likely the inductors unless they look burnt.

Joined 2011
Unfortunately I don't but this is the link to the set I have. I do have a voltmeter with resistance reading.

Looks like a simple first order, an inductor in series with the woofer, a capacitor in series with the tweeter.
There are 3.6R and 4.7R resistors for tweeter pad. See this schematic, the resistors may be interchanged,
or maybe even connected in series instead.

First see if there is continuity between neg in and either tweeter terminal.
https://www.digikey.com/schemeit/project/crossover-TJ33DRO30150/

Last edited:
I'm seeing two coils on the focal link, rayma.

Something like this, I guess. Just do some resistor measurements on the low ohm scale. Shouldn't damage the tweeter.

You'd expect a crackle from the tweeter with a 1.5V battery across it too.

Check the soldering hasn't come away too.

Attachments

• Crossover.PNG
    Crossover.PNG
    6.6 KB · Views: 72
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.