Having a problem with Fusion-12 I built

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I have it all built up and the crossover went together just fine, with the board that I can just solder to, however the speaker does not sound right to me , sounded as if there was to much mid range, I was checking with REW and my other speakers Tango MT I saw that on REW the fusion-12 tweeter or horn had a steep drop off at 17,000 almost straight down, and the Tango did not show this, any ideas. I will attach the picture.

Thank you

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Attachments

• drivers.jpg
    drivers.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 100
I have the Fusion 12 speakers and the midrange is one of the best parts about them. What are you playing through them that does not sound right? The only drawback to the Fusion 12's is that they are incredibly revealing and unforgiving to low quality recordings/source material. Once that is accounted for, they are some of the most realistic sounding speakers. I have them EQ'd pretty much flat across all the ranges. I have yet had the need to tame the midrange at all.

Mine end up being toed-in quite a bit since they are near the corners of the room. When I first hooked them up, I was getting some early reflections in the upper mid range-treble region with them aiming more down room. That was about the only thing I have had to do to them.

I was emailing Erich, and he thought I should take care of the 15db dip between the 100-200 hertz range, doing some speaker placement. The way I have them right now is facing some very large windows in my room, I was thinking I would try placing them in front of the windows and see how they sound, right now I have them cut a lot on the eq to tame the mid range because it sound very chesty and upfront and strong.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.