High class On wall - TV-bench/Speaker combo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Since my last own DIY project some years ago - a pair of Elsinores I am thinking of something for my living room. Something with good WAF.

I will try to produce some on wall speakers adapted to my 55" LED TV. The box will be something like 400mm (13") wide, 70-100mm (3-4") deep and about 900-1000 mm (3+ feet) high. The bottom of the left and right boxes will end out in a bigger box that will be a part of TV bench underneath the TV and the speakers. The TV-bench/Sepaker box are there to add up some volume to the drivers to be able to produce some lower frequency sound. This box will be someting like 400 (13") high, 300mm (10") deep and approx 2000mm (2 meters, 6F8") wide. My plan is to use a MTM set up on each of the thin parts left and right of the TV and a isobaric lower bas set up with two 6-8" drivers in each part of the TV-bench with a first order crossovers as low as possible (at 120Hz). The MTM should have a more normal crossover frequence, something around 3-4KHz.

I know there will some problem with the veeeery short dept of the MTM part of the speakers, and that the volume of those parts will work as some sort of transmission line down to the bigger bottom part (the TV-bench/Speaker box). How to calculate and measure wil be interesting. Are there some more fellows here interested in this kind of project?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.