8" 2-way CD speaker?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After hearing Seaton's "Yeah, it's okay for cheap prosound drivers, I guess" sound system blow away fancy $50k speakers at AXPONA a couple years back, I'm thinking of dumping the ScanSpeak bits I've had sitting around for years around and going the Geddes route instead. I've seen the graphs, and the graphs don't lie - that 0.2% distortion spec goes out the window if you want more than 90dB. Never mind that my apartment is not an anechoic chamber, and the less reflections, the better.

I'd like to build some small-ish speakers to cross over at ~1.8khz and 100-300hz to stereo subs. The B&C 8PS21 works great in a tiny sealed box, and I've got a choice of the ScanSpeak 6600 tweeters I've got in waveguides or some sort of ring radiator - maybe the Eminence 8PS21? I've seen a lot of difficulty producing constant directivity from commercial horns, while milling something to fit the 6600s would be pretty trivial.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.