how to fit a port into a sphere (globe)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm taking a break from my main speaker project and making a lamp speaker out of a 6" acrylic lamp globe using a 3" speaker. The speaker globe fits on a short 6" pvc cyl that houses the electronics. Above the globe is a LED unit.

I could use one of several passive radiators I have but I thought I would try a 1" x 9" port first I need to know if this will work: PVC pipe = Think of a the letter T inside the globe, where the bottom of the T is flared on the edge of the globe and the length inside the globe is 4 inches. At the top of the T, is a coupling with two slightly bent (using heat gun) 2.75 inch bent pvc pipes. Basically, I'm asking if making a T will count in total, the length of about 9 inches.

I could make a 180 degree loop bending the pipe, heating sand inside the pipe to make the bend keep the 1" ID but more work - would it sound that much better?
Or any other suggestions
Thanks

Well, if you have worked out that 1x9 is needed for proper tuning, then no a T of 9" length open on all 3 ends won't work.
Is this enclosure opaque? If so, you can make a 1x9 port out of plumbing and make just about any shape you need with standard fittings.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.