Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Home Theater Speakers
Home Theater Speakers
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th September 2017, 02:36 AM   #21
Brett is offline Brett
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2020 View Post
The tweeter is sooo asking to be smashed in by a kid haha. "Oooooo look its a button!"
There are things called grilles.
Old 13th September 2017, 03:02 AM   #22
eriksquires is offline eriksquires  United States
diyAudio Member

The phase plug on a ring radiator does not move, and on the XT series are quite sturdy.

Best,

E
Old 13th September 2017, 06:44 AM   #23
Mrcloc is offline Mrcloc  South Africa
diyAudio Member

This is fantastic info, coincidentally. I'm going to be using that XT Peerless as soon as I can get hold of them.
Old 13th September 2017, 07:57 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Glad to be of service, Mrcloc, that tweet has it's fans.

A recent discussion here compared it to their ScanSpeak equivalent, and I think the consensus was the SS was a little better made with a little less distortion and a little more output.

Best,

E
Old 14th September 2017, 07:07 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Fantastic, thanks. I'm buying from Parts Express, but the SS isn't available there. I'll make up a cart at Madisound and compare the costs, because I believe I can get all my stuff there, as well as the SS. But I like the look of the Peerless because I'm using a Visaton W170S, so the 5-screw drill pattern matches well.

ETA: I see the SS also has 5 holes, but it's almost double the price, and for that reason, I'm out.

Last edited by Mrcloc; 14th September 2017 at 07:10 AM.
Old 14th September 2017, 07:13 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Be careful that you don't substitute my measurements with either the SS or another version of the XT25. The measurements in the LM-1/LM-1C are for the XT25BG only.

If you use a smoother mid-woofer you can get away with the single-magnet version of either brand. The FaitalPRO 5FE120 for instance will get you up into a 3-4kHz crossover area. Also has better power handling than the Peerless I used.

Best,

E
Old 14th September 2017, 07:25 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

The one I'm going with is the XT25BG60-04. I need to cross it at 1.8 - 2 kHz. Unfortunately I have limited resources, and built speakers which only need the tweeters to be upgraded. They're already excellent, but they'll be better with better tweeters.

As for mid-woofers, what do you think of the Dayton Audio RS150P? I have my eye on that for any future builds.
Old 14th September 2017, 04:26 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Oh, sorry Mrcloc, if you need tweets for an upgrade, the XT25BG60s are the way to go.

No idea about DA woofers, but I'm sure others have opinions.

Best,

E

Home Theater SpeakersHide this!Advertise here!