Speakers based on 5in-SB13PFC25-04 & Dayton ND25FW-4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,
I finished receiving the parts - SP13PFC25-08 and ND25FN-4. Here is the simulation and the XO parts: http://imgur.com/a/I9HkG

WinISD recommended 6L box with port. I used birch wood 18mm for this. The dimensions were 220x330x146mm. It seems that this box is relatively small and should be increased in the future.

Results - First I've connected the drivers without the box on the table. Everything seems to work fine therefore I decided to put it in the box and see how it effects the bass. Recessing for the SB was done terribly and as it was my first time doing that, I will probably do it again in a better cosmetic way. The tweeters don't come with screw holders so I had to cut the exact dimensions in the wood so the tweeter will be inserted and hold by small press. The port that I purchased was 18cm long and I had to cut it to 16cm so it can be inserted to the box. There is a distance of ~3cm between the back panel and the end of the port.

Sounding - It seems that the sound is too flat and the tweeter should be tuned a little forward. Other than that, no special comments on the tweeter. The mid looks like it doesn't work smoothly. I don't know how to explain the behavior but maybe if you read the details and see the pictures you can get some insights on what is the problem. I will try to hear more music using the speakers and re-phrase what is the problem.

Here is a picture of the final box. The port and the connectors are not fixed therefore it is a bit twisted
http://imgur.com/a/gDZh1

Any recommendation of to continue from here will be welcomed.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I haven't read through much of this thread at all. I just ordered the 13PFC round basket, 8 Ohm MW and a Vifa/Peerless/Tymphany silk dome tweeter (on sale); model DX25BG60-04. My idea is for a small office size 2-way. I found another designer on another site that ended up using a notch on the 13PFC around 7KHz. Has anyone else tried this combination before? The tweeter is higher output and has a really low fs so that gives me great flexibility in crossover choices. I have an older PFC 6 inch with the odd shaped frame and was impressed with the performance for such an inexpensive MW so I thought I would try the smaller round frame version just on a whim. The OEM FR looks good but others say it is anything but smooth and flat. Can people point me in the right places here for posts, comments, tests, results, etc.??? Thanks, trying to take a few quick short cuts if I can.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Hi Guys,
I finished receiving the parts - SP13PFC25-08 and ND25FN-4. Here is the simulation and the XO parts: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Any recommendation of to continue from here will be welcomed.

Hi, I just tried to send a PM to "sagi4422" but that private chat mailbox is full and won't accept any new incoming messages. Apologies; I posted before I realized this was a much older thread. Doesn't matter; anyone with helpful hints, tips, etc. on the SB 13PFC please feel free to re-start this thing again.

Thanks and cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.