Fostex Backloaded horns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello , I have stayed in the backgroung doing alot of reading . Mainly learning about full range drivers. The Fostex drivers peaked my interest . So myself and a friend built a pair of backloaded horns using their cabinet reccomendation. I must say they turned out better than I had hoped. They are made from solid birch and pine 7/8" for front and rear, 3/4" for sides . The inside horn was made seperate from 3/4" mdf then cabinet built around it. Front baffle plate is solid pine. Unfortunately they are too large for my listening room , so I have put them on ebay, This not a advertisement just thought I would show what can be accomplished from visiting this forum.

Malcolm

Well I saw them on ebay, a search for Fostex and they showed up pretty easy.
They do look pretty nice, and well built. Not my style but that’s not important. :rolleyes:

Of course anyone else who checks the auction out should be warned to hold on carefully when you see the "reserve not met" auction starting price, you may wind up on the floor. :hot: :eek:

Anyways, nice job on your first (I think) project. To bad you don’t want to keep em. :)

price

You think I'm asking too much , took 4 months to build. Looked at Cain and Cain sight their Abby's go for 1500.00 alot easier to build than these horns and their ibens go for 4500.00. Only about 350.00 extra to use the sigma drivers they use. Maybe you are right , cabinets I made have absolutely no flaws just thought price was reasonably compared to what is manufactured out there. Thanks for your feedback.

Malcolm

picture

Here's a picture of the speakers.

Malcolm

Attachments

• picture 004.jpg
    picture 004.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 268
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.