Technics SB-1950 Foam Surrounds.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I bought a pair of these Technic SB-1950 speakers for $20 because they look good and Im curious to hear if they sound as good as they look! The surrounds have disintegrated so instead of going through the onerous task of trying to work out whats the best fit for these 10 inch woofers. Thats if they are 10 inch woofers? They measure 10 and a quarter inches across the frame or 26cm across the frame I thought I would ask here to see if anyone knows a shortcut to getting the right ones. I dont know how many times Ive ordered the wrong ones and have had to cut them down or re-order new ones again. Another thing is recapping these crossovers, the non-polar caps I have are tiny compared to the original ones, will they be OK to use, or should I look for some bigger ones? :D

Attachments

• Technics SB-1950# 002.jpg
    Technics SB-1950# 002.jpg
    858.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Technics SB-1950# 003.jpg
    Technics SB-1950# 003.jpg
    778.2 KB · Views: 151
Hello Red, sorry for not having the information you seek, Simply Speakers offers 2 sets for 10" woofers mentioning specifically some models with the addition of many undefined as well. Maybe they could provide a solution. I'd use any bipolar electrolytes as along as working voltage is in the ballpark.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hello Red, sorry for not having the information you seek, Simply Speakers offers 2 sets for 10" woofers mentioning specifically some models with the addition of many undefined as well. Maybe they could provide a solution. I'd use any bipolar electrolytes as along as working voltage is in the ballpark.

Thanks mate, thats sorted things out for me. Im always getting the measurments wrong, so anywhere I can just give the model number is great. Its amazing how capacitors have advanced so far since the 70s. :D

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.