Wilson Maxx Clone - WOW!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I tried to look at the series of pages on the Wilson clone but when you get to part 2 it automatically flips back and forth between pages. I thought I was having flashbacks.

Like I said in an earlier post, when you seat guests at the dinner table the food shouldn't still be in the freezer.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
It says "Wilson Maxx Clone page now online. See Speakers menu."

What speakers menu?

dave

Attachments

• exquisite.jpg
    exquisite.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,446
planet10 said:

<rant> no site should use javascript (or Flash) for navigation critical functions. It will break (and a lot more often than you think).</rant>

I agree.

I wrote a site recently and checked it's compatibility with 3 different browsers. Even HTML is handled differently with different browsers.

I avoided using Javascript altogether; support for Javascript and other techniques is sketchy from browser to browser and version to version.

Drats! I thought this drop down menu was bullet proof. Thanks to all that reported this bug. I had no idea it caused so many problems.

For those who are having problems loading it up, what browser and was javascript on?

It looks like I need to set up the good 'ol regular html links at the bottom of my page.

Due to bandwidth limit, you must email me to get those plans.

Thanks for visiting,

James

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
A clone or a clown?

I thought cloning was exact copying.
A lookalike is another thing, isnt it?
Great effort, nice work. Bravo. But dont say a clone please.
The cabinet materials are all different and the trnsducers are modified to Wilson spec in the originals. I doubt the crossover used here has anything to do with the original too. Although there is no information posted about it yet.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
SpeakerNut said:
For those who are having problems loading it up, what browser and was javascript on?

Javascript can NEVER be bulletproof. 1st there is no standard, and there are more & more available browsers (and people are using them as they abandon the big ugly fatties) with varying implementations of this non-standard.

Javascript was on (althou i know lots of people who just leave it turned off because of potential security issues). Browser is iCab.

Worked in Safari. I much prefer simple html hiarcical menus... besides being WAY harder to break, if done right you always know where you are.

A good example can be seen at http://www.hd3dmovies.com/ (you have to go past the splash page)

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.