Slot ported version of The Tango

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm so confuzzled. Three miles away there's some sort of electro party with two 15" subs. I can hear that **** thumping till here (open air!). My 12" in the corner on full tilt can't even vibrate the table slightly. What am I doing wrong? :')

Is it the scoop design they use? :p I've heard those horn scoops are like gods for bass

Literally three miles away 'as the Crow flies'? Regardless, without complete details of both 'venues' about all I can say is that a single 12" isn't going to move much air unless coupled to horn.

GM

but I think it's mainly about better coupling to the air and projection as in, sort of, throwing the sound

Right, greater directivity over distance and greater piston area. One of the more interesting things I learned from Altec is that even though 'sound is round', it will 'hold' other shapes over really long distances, making it relatively easy to map complex venues such as stadiums, winding up with equally complex speaker arrays.

GM

The crossovers here.

Attachments

• humbleDeer-XO-1.jpg
    humbleDeer-XO-1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 571
  • humbleDeer-XO-2.jpg
    humbleDeer-XO-2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 661
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.