ATC SM75-150 withdrawl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
May be but only as long as they do not enter the active monitor market.

ATC has already stopped supplying manufacturers like Quested, PMC and Klein+Hummel (Neumann) years ago which is why the Volt VM752 exists, PMC is manufacturing their own and K+H simply ceased making their top model.

I just saw this news as well. This sucks. I was really looking forward to trying these out in the future. And what's worse is if something happens to one you won't be able to run out and order another pair. Boo!

I strongly hope that ATC at least replaces damaged or malfunctioning units when they were bought before they withdrawn it.
Othewise I'd be pretty concerned IF something ever happens with one of the drivers.
Usually they don't blow up but what IF so... :confused:

Wonder if they would entertain a DIY group buy. We weren't going to buy their speakers anyways.

Definitely NOT !

Frankly, the Volt sux balls compared to the ATC.
THD values and frequency-response are nowhere close to ATC and their higher Fs at 400Hz makes it impossible to crossover around 380Hz like ATC.
It needs a minimum of 500Hz..
And then its even more expensive lol .. wonder if they sell these :rolleyes:

I hope I can be forgiven for a bit of a high jack here but this is a perfect thred to ask this question...

If there was a ribbon no more than about 6 inches long that could be crossed at
500hz would there be interest?

And do you believe that crossing at 380 would make a big difference ( assuming a ribbon close to same length could do it)?

If it can do 111db with 1% distortion...could be interesting.

On the subject of domes, I wonder how a Radian 4" diaphragm with the backcover removed would compare to the ATC. I know Radian can supply shims if you want to get more output on the low end. It would need to be crossed a little higher though.

If it can do 111db with 1% distortion...could be interesting.

On the subject of domes, I wonder how a Radian 4" diaphragm with the backcover removed would compare to the ATC. I know Radian can supply shims if you want to get more output on the low end. It would need to be crossed a little higher though.

Not familiar with Radian , link?

The ribbon is .6 % at 500hz at 100db 1 meter (2nd order LR ) , down to .3% at by 1khz. Patent for the design is being writen now. FR is +- 1.5 db 200-15khz, down -3db by 20k

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.