anyone tried HM210Z10?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The main speaker is able to radiate : below, in front, on the sides too ! Even the birds would hear music !

Fume, c'est de l'Aerogel...:mad:

kim_jong_sobrepeso-movil.jpg

Hi,

The HZ10 has a two narrow usefull widthband as pointed out.

The HZ0 (a good one if you can find one) & HZ12 (hard to find today) are far better, many 2 ways or 3 ways made with it on french forums.

The HCM is less transparent in the higher band than the aerogels but has a strongest bass iirc !

Of course they all have less efficienty than the Z10...

you may try Google translate : Les trois frères ... Audax 21 cm - Voir le sujet forum .

Eldam. Thanks for this. I agree about the Z12. However, a lot more crossover consideration(s). But, once you get one of these A'gel drivers right, they're fantastic.

I have also been considering the Seas A26 because it's so well-behaved up top. I "think" it would pair well with the Hivi RT2ii I just bought.

Yep I know.... have heard a lot : Kelineac, Leedh, DIYs... I had (and still on the shelf) 17 cm aerogel for car (maybe 10 years in my car. I will try for OB one day has they have a good sensivity and higher Qts than the hifi or pro series)...

I liked a lot the old Leedh : seemed to me they did right the music ! I can't imagine what could give an aerogel cone with sota motors à la ScanSpeak or foam surrounds à la PHL AUdio ! (some AUdax had foam surrounds though). Imho the one you talked in the first post is hard to work with as it's onlyt usable on 2 octaves : a little short for the XO on a mid but maybe are you using high slope and active XO ?!

Last edited:
The only thing that makes me nervous about going with the Audax is replacement parts. Once they're gone they're gone. I "know" that there's some discussion about some being built but I don't see a profitable market for it. Also, Countersinking these frames (as a DIY person) scares me off right away. A circle is a LOT easier.

The legendary french markett ! We can do fantastic stuffs but are not able to sell it if not a perfum, food, or hand-bag ! well some planes though !

Look at these guys : Accueil good speakers, the man behind is Mr Fertin ! But when you look at the web site, the non normalized measurement, etc !

Ah we have Focal high end line made in France, but it's an exception, even Cabasse was bought by a chineese company... That's life !

The old Leedh Psychee II beated (very above) all the two way from Proac even the newest... but you know magazines, marketing , all these things !

Last edited:
The legendary french markett ! We can do fantastic stuffs but are not able to sell it if not a perfum, food, or hand-bag ! well some planes though !

Naaa... remember the days that Harmann ( aka Number One Audio Company in the World :D) bought Audax...:rolleyes:

It was just before this world went green, yellow or whatever...

Sadly audio is more about plastic and scrap iron than perfumes and fine wines....:smash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3iwJKjw2iI&list=RDL3iwJKjw2iI#t=12

Ah, you forget Phy-HP

He is not with us anymore... for some years halas !

Of course, some always here like Supravox. Triangle (this last is designing here but produce in China) ! PHL was bought and I would know what is happening ! If an american found bought it or Harmann, it's dead ! Cabasse was known long time ago to make sota driver for miltary and public infrastrcture like the Comunauty driver for instance ! I liked a lot their 10" in sealed cabinet : they were muical speakers with cabinet which used phase corelation...

We have yet some reliable and musical brand of ready made speakers: Mulidine, Pierre-Etienne Leon, some others even less knwon... never reviewed ! You exist just if you are global : Focal, Harmann group, etc... today ! But the ones who know live non Amped music know how to recognize good stuffs !

Britanics were more talented to allow to make their speaker brands still lively ! Focal being an exception because they invest a lot in research...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.