Budget of 3000e, what should i do?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm in a situation that i propably soon will have about 3-4ke of loose money and i'm willing to spend it on a set of new (diy) speakers. So please help me to choose design for these: criteria is to have elements obtainable from europe (tax and customs reasons) and preferably good looks. Manufacturing is not a problem, my little brother is a carpenter with access to a pretty ok machine shop.

So what should i do, please help me to choose design our wonderful community of diyaudio!

ps. maybe bit more punch at the low end because..well there should be a kind of kick available!

That's a good piece of change, so be careful.

One of the wisest piece of advice I've read in this forum. I would add to that to take into consideration a second hand commercial 3 way loudspeaker and a reasonably priced DIY project in Zaph or Bagby style. Good midclass speaker units from any reputable manufacturer should suffice.

edit: OP, check the Hobby HiFi and Klang+Ton magazine archives for there is lots of good sounding projects that you can order project data from.

Last edited:
Geddes Suma or Abbey use B&C drivers

he seems to have stopped making kits and waveguides but if you really have the tools and aren't counting labor then even the OS waveguides can be made

the waveguide geometry is simple to model, I did a rough practice cut on a ShopBot a few years ago

476440d1428515192-synergy-horn-3d-printing-entry-os_layered.png

476441d1428515192-synergy-horn-3d-printing-entry-roughcut.jpg

his preferred Urethane modeling board material can be worked with woodshop tools with the right blades

it even looks like you could send out to a 3d printing service for FDM ABS or PLA waveguide fabrication and stay within your budget

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.