Vifa D26NC-55-06 Tweeter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
D26 is nice...

I used the D26NC15-06 (only a change in the rear fins I think)
Very nice tweeter.. I would argue against the P13 though .. I would consider it a very very nice mid driver.... but, Imo there are 5" with much better low end response for a small 2-way.

why not try a series x-o rather than a 1st order butterworth parallel.. you will get much better driver integration, and a nicer speaker to listen too...

If interested, email me and I'll send you a starting point diagram.

I've used the D26NC-15-06 with a 5" Peerless HDS 850528 which is a shielded version of the 850488 in a centre speaker. Very nice mid/woofer (have used the 850488 as well in a couple of bookshelves) with an exceptional midrange and good bass. Got F3=59Hz in a 11.3 litre BR box.

BTW, used a series xo as well. Had to cross over at 3975Hz due to the Fs of the tweeter. Here's a starting point for a series xo, R=7.8ohm, L=0.42mH, C=3.3uF. If you want it a bit more laid back and not so forward, increase L (about 0.49mH) and reduce C (about 3.0uF).

Here's what the 2 drivers look like together and they are fun to rebate due to their shapes..... just have to make a template for the router.

See post #6
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24088&highlight=centre+speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.