Midrange performance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 318
diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
It may act as a waveguide at a higher frequency. More likely this shape is to facilitate mounting behind the baffle, possibly to put the acoustic source in line with a woofer. A thick baffle could include some rounding in addition.

This driver might be capable of crossing as high as 5kHz. It's possible that radiation will be narrowed at the top end. A narrow pattern tweeter might be beneficial. You'd want to confirm this yourself.

Is this open back? That would change things. I'd prefer a closed back in this situation.

If crossing at 800Hz the baffle you use (eg. baffle step) would probably have an effect on both this driver and the woofer so I'd not want to run this without one and the woofer with..

Thanks for the advice!

I'm planning to put them inside my speaker baffle. I have done some tweaking now with them on top and found that with LR4 24db they sounds very well at 878Hz - 4,77KHz

Above i have the Scanspeak 97000.
At 4,77kHz, there may be a better alternative? I have heard of "Ring radiator". Any thoughts?

Cheers!

I'd look into waveguides to (hopefully) match dispersion at xover.

Visaton do a cheap&cheerful one that is not too big (148mmø) for 1" domes.
Without fiddling it fits 104mm flat faceplates with 4 mounting holes which means
a couple of Visaton tweeters, the Vifa D27TG-35-06 and ScanSpeak D2606/922000.

Others depend on your ability to fiddle! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.