Scan Speak 18w/ 8535 availability ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well having spent the last few weeks researching my next project I have decided to follow the popular route (alot of discussion at the moment - and some really nice examples) of a Proac 2.5 clone (with the 2905/9500 option as i have these utilised in my current project)

Now, all i need are the 8535's ( i take it i need the W and not the S type?).

Following a bit of research i can only seem to find one supplier in the UK for these drivers, that being Wilmslow at about £100 each driver, is this my only option? are there any other suppliers that i could use?

I do not mind paying this price for the drivers but would obviously prefer to purchase them at a lower price if i can.

Any ideas would be much appreciated,

Thanks
Mark

Hi, Im not sure about availability across the pond? (Ive always thought that Wilmslow had highish pricing) but you can use either W or S version. There should only be about $10 (US) difference between the two. I would think that having it shielded is a benefit!

Look here also:

www.audiocomponents.nl

I got pricing from them as follows:

Dear Magnus,

Enclosed you'll find our prices (per piece) of the requested items, these prices are in EURO:

D2010/8513-00 40.07 (-10%, see below)
18W8535-00 86.41 (-10%, see below)

Transport, packing, handling & insurance costs (total):

to A, DK, F, GB 35.00 (up to 30kg)
to Italy, Sweden 45.00 (up to 30kg)
to Spain, P, FIN, IRL 50.00 (up to 30kg)
to other EC countries 38.-/45.-/52.-/60.- (5/10/15/20kg)
to Europe, non EC 40.-/48.-/57.-/64.- (5/10/15/20kg)
outside Europe 47.-/69.-/100.-/129.- (5/10/15/20kg)

The 10% discount applies when you order a total of 10 pcs. or more.

/Magnus

Magnus / Taco

Got the same prices, and read the same disclaimer at the bottom of my email, There is a distributor in England ( btu way toooooo expensive!!.........So does this mean that i cannot enjoy the cheaper price?????

I am so frustrated by this that i am considering a Eurostar trip and staying at a hotel and getting them delivered to the hotel.

i get a break, and i get the drivers and i don't pay the delivery and and and i still pay less!!!!!!!!

i will let you know how i get on..

mark

Hi mike,

I have not progressed any further with this as my time is limited at the moment - I am entering Exam season and when combined with my job things are really tight time wise

I will be starting them on June the 1st - and am going to order the drivers soon, i will let you know how i got on.

I trying to decide on finishes at the moment , I have ordered some veneer and am going to have a play on my current speakers to see what happens.

mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.