Help for a friend

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Although I come from the fullrange section I want to help a friend choosing a project for his newly acquired integrated amp. I am going to help him with electronic tinkering and woodwork stuff

He recently bought this amp: https://www.google.gr/url?sa=t&rct=....shtml&usg=AFQjCNEBri1UKUcK1gV3UtZmbxhOUvmlpw and he wants a pair of speakers fit to the superb sound of this machine.
Back to its days it was paired with the IMF TLS-80, If this can be of any help.
Only european manufacturer speaker units and components please.
Size no object.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Nick

Now I'm thinking If cloning the aforementioned speaker might be a good idea, but with modern units.
But where I could find suitable enclosure plans, crossover schematics and suggested speakers?
I don't know where to start from?
Designing my own Is out of the question because of lack of knowledge and measurement equipment...

@anji
Yes, there are import taxes, thats why I rely only on EC products.
He doesn't care about the decor, he's single and the best decor is outside his house, he lives in Mykonos ��
As for the budget, he didn't mention anything.

@jerms
Now, I feel stupid. I have totally forgotten this marvellous site. Thanks for reminding me of it.

If he wishes to recapture the look, feel and sound of his youth, only the original will do. The transmission line cabinet produces considerable bass response in a compact cabinet.

This sound can be distinctive - 'warm' and memory of it can make other loudspeakers seem sterile, dry or disengaged from living music.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I heard the IMF TLS-80 back in the day. With a Marantz 2270 receiver. Huge heavy bassy design with a bextrene KEF bottom end. I thought it was a dull speaker, TBH. :eek:

Typical smooth monitor. But uninvolving. Tended to fry the old tweeters too.

I currently use an ancient Pioneer SX-450 receiver. And it's good.

Troels seems to be on a roll with classic 3 ways, these days:
SEAS-3-Way-Classic

Definitely a good way to do things.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.