Will this design work? (Drawings) - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th March 2017, 04:17 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

DonVK I understand now. Thanks again. so I'm up here with some new drawings. I also add my recent project, so this floor standing ones will be same type, rounded over edges and oil finish, but speakers will be mounted from inside. I have a sample photo from Kirby Meets Audio about speaker mounting.

I hope this time i got something works...
Attached Images
File Type: png 2.png (359.3 KB, 75 views)
File Type: png speaker 2.png (256.0 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170225_191517_1.jpg (686.7 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6568.jpg (120.1 KB, 70 views)
Old 19th March 2017, 02:09 PM   #22
DonVK is offline DonVK  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDesignHK View Post
DonVK I understand now. Thanks again. so I'm up here with some new drawings. I also add my recent project, so this floor standing ones will be same type, rounded over edges and oil finish, but speakers will be mounted from inside. I have a sample photo from Kirby Meets Audio about speaker mounting.

I hope this time i got something works...
How much of this speaker are you actually building?

Are you buying a kit [Drivers, CrossOvers, misc Hardware] and placing it in your own cabinet?

BTW you're lucky to be in HK. Your available parts selection and prices must be amazing.
Old 19th March 2017, 02:17 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Is your recent project bamboo block board or flooring of some kind?
Old 19th March 2017, 03:02 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Hi again,

My components;
Speaker; AIRS brand 5.79 US Dollar each
Click the image to open in full size.

Tweeters; AIRS 5.50 US Each

Crossover; AIRS 4.34 US each

Digital Amp 2.1 BREEZE AUDIO (I regret) 18.09 US

Bamboo plywood is not flooring. They produce 5mm to 31mm thickness. So beautiful, so sturdy and easy to work. I think for this project it will cost me about 20-25 USD i will use 18mm thick.

I'm buying my stuff from taobao.com its amazing. You can find anything you need. But unfortunately its only available in chinese and they wont send overseas. Im actually From Turkey but my wife is Chinese. So its great to have an access to taobao.com.

So what do you guys think about my last sketches? Will any of them worth to try?
Old 19th March 2017, 03:05 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

By the way, they claimed woofers are 35w and tweeters 20w, i used 3 inches woofers on my previous project, from same brand. It's unexpectedly good. But i'm not an audio guy. Maybe it wont be pleasant for you guys.

Last edited by AquaDesignHK; 19th March 2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old 19th March 2017, 03:20 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
By the way, they claimed woofers are 35w and tweeters 20w, i used 3 inches woofers on my previous project, from same brand. It's unexpectedly good. But i'm not an audio guy. Maybe it wont be pleasant for you guys.
What goals are you trying to accomplish?

Usually a tilted or horizontal woofer is attempting to make omnidirectional sound, using reflected sound off the walls. However you need room to do this, as the speakers cannot be against a wall. Is your listening space large enough to put the speakers >1m from any walls?
Old 19th March 2017, 03:27 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

I just want to make decent speakers for listening music with some nice looking handmade touch. Maybe I can give it to someone as gift. I thought it would be nice next to TV for using with TV and music player.

Is it really dramatically effect that distance to wall or shape of the room? Houses are so small in Hong Kong. I mean will it be disturb any ordinary person that not especially looking for HIFI sound?
Old 19th March 2017, 05:05 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I just want to make decent speakers for listening music with some nice looking handmade touch. Maybe I can give it to someone as gift. I thought it would be nice next to TV for using with TV and music player.

Is it really dramatically effect that distance to wall or shape of the room? Houses are so small in Hong Kong. I mean will it be disturb any ordinary person that not especially looking for HIFI sound?
This is only a suggestion, I have not made a speaker like this.

Try a type of vertical "bipole" which are made to be mounted against walls. Top woofer or full range is on surface between 30-45deg down from horizontal making the angle from the vertical wall 120-135deg (oblique). Then either a woofer or full range driver on the front surface equi-distant from the front edge with top driver. Then a tweeter, only if the other drivers are woofers. If you use full range drivers you don't need a cross over, and you can go a little bigger (5-6inch) driver for similar cost. Also, if there are children around you'll need a wire mesh driver cover otherwise they will poke the drivers :-)
Old 20th March 2017, 11:01 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

Do you mean like this? I will need larger space for this am i right? I mean i calculate the chamber that speaker stay is about 5,6 litre exactly what manufacturer recommend. If I add one more speaker do I need double space?
Attached Images
File Type: png t.png (132.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 20th March 2017, 11:08 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

The tweeter is a bit low, normally they are placed at seated ear level since higher frequencies are more directional

Hide this!Advertise here!