"White Van" junk speakers tested, dissected:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have to admit, I go back and forth on this.

Sure - the guys selling these things are complete scum.

But the people who are so greedy as to think they are actually getting real $1,800 speakers for next-to-nothing out of a white van on the street have some complicity in the overall bad karma of this scam.

Anyway, we can have a good laugh at the testing and looks at the insides...

http://www.gr-research.com/dahlton.htm

The FR graph looks like the system has a built-in "loudness" button. That tells me these were designed specifically for a particular market segment; those that define good sound as exaggerated lows and highs and disregard the mids. "If it has bass and treble the rest must be good". These would also be the type to believe black-market purchases are how you get something for nothing. It's amazing to me how many people that purchased these defend their actions and claim that they may not be the best but they sound good. :confused: Sorry, this sort of thing really bugs me.

No ****! just last night a buddy of mine called, asking what I thought
of Dahlton speakers. It was the same story as always, high pressure
sales, overstock, don't wanna take them back to the boss, etc...

Needless to say, I convinced him not to buy them.

Graham said it right - it's greedthat allows them to sell.

Certain people are looking for "Something for Nothing", and
they find them.

This so relates to why i just got fired last month from my job.. It was grand opening time at the store.. the store i worked for was cool place.. it was a chain store and there is about 30 stores now.. the guy that started them all was in town to help for our grand opening. it was saturday night and i said to the staff this monitor sux A$$ it is broken in the center of the screen it was really blury. Shaun said to me who ares sell it any ways.. needless to say i got into a big argument over selling things to people that know that are broken. im no crook and nor do i want to sell broken thing's.. so i went into work on tuesday to find out i lost my job. because i didn't sell this monitor..

Oh well.. On the other hand i argued because after my shift at work i work on apple computers and i have to represent my self as a good person or i dont get any tech work. so i have told every one that why i got fired and will continue to tell every one also..

the place is called Discovery Computers & wireless

www.discoverycomputers.ca or .com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.