Urgent help needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys, I'm trying to help a local kid with a project for his exams. He's building a pair of 2-way speakers as part of his technology exams and has a pair of what I think are Philips 10" drivers with the serial number 7H752 on them. Appart from that I know nothing at all about these.

Does anyone have any idea what they are and what the basic specs are. T/S if you have them would be fantastic......ok long shot I know.

Regards

Rossco

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
N0, Philips uses a 12-fig numbering system called 12nc (when they introduced it, many years ago, they called it "12-digit new number" and it stuck to 12nc). AFAIR speakers start with 1244. Then the next two digits should be the country code for the manufacturing plant. But I forgot most of it, anyway. Point is, if there is a 12nc, that would allow getting to the data.

Jan Didden

Edit: Maybe you mean AD1044? Yes thats a good point, very possible.

i know this will date me...but in my days the numbering system was a bit different...even the AD was added later (sometime in the late 70s or early 80s) after they introduced dome tweters i think.

10" would have a number like AD10065, AD10066
8" wuld be 8065, 8066
5" cone mid would be 5060
and so on...
the dome tweeters were AD0140, AD0163 etc...

obviously this is going purely by memory

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Talk about dating... I worked at Philips when they gradually introduced the 12nc:...drum roll... 1965... Sigh.

Great time. Whenever I needed a xformer, choke, whatever, I went to my friend at the magnetic components design lab, he would custom-design what I wanted and had it manufactured, 1-off, then a few weeks later we would put it with the disposal junk as "no longer needed, design completed". I would then purchase it for say 5 Dutch guilders or other symbolic amount. Illegal as hell, but great for an underfunded DIY-er.

Jan Didden

congrats jan - to how far you have reached since then ,

my father was in germany at that time , and his friend was in telefunken
they had worked out a similar thing on a concertino system of telefunken for 25 dms

its yet working !

the iso - phone 10 inch driver alnico mag is yet good (the rubber surround has developed cracks though)

the d.e.w mid - hi is good yet !

what technology - hats off

suranjan

transducer design engineer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.