Goldwood 18" for OB sub - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th March 2004, 06:35 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

I'm not an expert obviously. And I don't know how accurate any of the specs are for any of the brands. The graphs/specs aside, all I can do is plug the numbers into the OB spreadsheet and compare. Done that. So lets put aside the Goldwood driver for the moment. The Pyramid has almost the same simulated response for about the same price as the Goldwood. Is there something wrong with that driver too? Yes, it also has small xmax. I still question if that is really a problem for my use. Guess I'll just have to try it. Hell if is sucks I'm only out $80.
Old 16th March 2004, 07:26 PM   #22
Previously: Kuei Yang Wang

Default Re: Goldwood 18" for OB sub

Konnichiwa,

Quote:
Originally posted by bbaker6212
Well I was playing around (for the first time) with the xbaffle open-baffle spreadsheet to see how the Fostex FE206E and the 18" Goldwood GW-1858 driver looks for open baffle use.
Yes, at least on paper and assuming the drivers spec's are trustworthy it looks like the resulting 18" & Fostex Open baffle speaker could work, with a 1st order Highpass on the Fostex at around 300Hz anbd operating the Goldwood Woofer up to around 300Hz with a 2nd order lowpass designed to give around -6db @ 300Hz.

The one thing I'm not sure about is if I would trust the Goldwood Specs. Other than, go for it, it should work quite well, as long as you keep the volume sane.

Sayonara
Old 16th March 2004, 09:50 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Anyone know where is the home page for Pyramid speakers/drivers manufacturer?
Old 17th March 2004, 08:36 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
And I don't know how accurate any of the specs are for any of the brands.
Well the cheaper the manufacturer is,the less info they show for obvious reasons :-)

I use partsexpress.com for looking at woofers,i dont know where the pyramid homepage is

Hide this!Advertise here!