Old Peerless 6.30" Alnico woofer identification:please help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys!
I'm searching for informations about a vintage Peerless alnico 6.30 inch speaker, but I can't find anything about this model in the web!
This old Peerless woofer was fitted on a pair of two ways loudspeakers.
I've identified only the tweeter: it's the very famous Peerless MT-25 (or the MT-225) with alnico magnet.
No cross-over inside, just a capacitor connected to the tweeters, the impedence is 4 ohm for each component.
The only reference I've found is a code writed on backside, close to the magnet.
The code is: B 12-3
I suspect this speaker is more a "mid-woofer" than a real woofer.
You can see some picture of these speakers below (as attached files): could you help me to identify this speaker, please?...believe me, this mistery is driving me crazy!
I can count only on your help.
Moreover, I tried to contact Peerless Company with several emails, but they never replied to me, sadly.
Thank you very much in advance to everyone for the support and the collaboration
Best regards!

Attachments

• Peerless B 12-3 alnico magnet-speaker (1) (1).jpg
    Peerless B 12-3 alnico magnet-speaker (1) (1).jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 454
  • Peerless B 12-3 alnico speaker-code (1) (1).jpg
    Peerless B 12-3 alnico speaker-code (1) (1).jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 219
  • Peerless B 12-3 alnico speaker front (1).jpg
    Peerless B 12-3 alnico speaker front (1).jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 307
  • 583.jpg
    583.jpg
    891.1 KB · Views: 304
I have similar(maybe the same) speakers from peerless and they are more a wideband speaker. I did not measure them, but when i tested those (i bought them in a package of old Alnico speakers) they did give mainly mid and low mid. They need a helper sub and a tweeter to give real fullrange i think.

I did not find any more info about them neighter, but i'll measure them before i will use them later on.

Hi dear Waxx.
It's incredible, almost a year has passed but I didn't see your interesting reply to my message.:(:confused::(
Please, accept my apologizes.
You have been very kind.
Said that, can I ask you informations or news about your Peerless alnico drivers?
Believe me, I'd like to know all the informations that you got by measuring them.
By the way, do you like their sound?...To my ears, they sound very good (with a Peerless alnico tweeter, of course).
Honestly, I've to admit that I didn't feel the need to add a subwoofer, even if they haven't a very deep low range.
Please, let me know!
Thank you for your patience and for your kindness.
Best regards.;)

I have similar(maybe the same) speakers from peerless and they are more a wideband speaker. I did not measure them, but when i tested those (i bought them in a package of old Alnico speakers) they did give mainly mid and low mid. They need a helper sub and a tweeter to give real fullrange i think.

I did not find any more info about them neighter, but i'll measure them before i will use them later on.

Hi dear Waxx:)
Do you have some news about these old Peerless?;)
Thank you in advance.
Regards!:cool:

well i did measure it with dats, but can't do decent FR measurements now as the wind makes a lot of noise raging arround this old farm i'm living in... the specs i got from this old thing (not in a very good shape) are here included. I'll try to measure the FR when the wind goes down...

Attachments

• Unkown Peerless Alnico woofer.txt
    11.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2496.jpg
    IMG_2496.jpg
    999 KB · Views: 78
They look very similar, that is true. I don't know where they come from. I got them in a package with a bunch of Philips full range drivers (9710M8 and AD1256) and a pair of Seas TV21 woofers from an older collector cleaning out his closet...

Attachments

• IMG_2497.jpg
    IMG_2497.jpg
    987.6 KB · Views: 132
Thank you Waxx,
I've just noticed by looking your Peerless picture that my Peerless is completely different.
My Perless is a simpler 6,30 inch speaker, I thing they aren't the same thing at all!
Your version is the best one.
Anyway: just a question ( sorry I'm a newbie)...SPL 99,55 dB 1w/1m! it's incredible:eek:!!! are you sure about this parameter?;)
I repeat I'm newbie so please sorry for my stupid questions!:rolleyes:
By the way, dear Waxx, I didn't found the frequency range of your beautiful Peerless.
Thank you for your kindness and patience.:)
Best Regards:wave2:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.