SEAS A26 build

Well, "it holds" till 1 ( 1k5) kHz then it looses...
Ideally you'd need a 25 cm waveguide to find the same dispersion characteristic at crossover frequency. But it's too big and the nuisance of the horn-effect might be not acceptable ( because of the 3 " driver inside which is too big ).
Till 20 cm diameter ( effective :16-17 cm )it's acceptable, as I did an experiment with an 8" and a 2 " in such big waveguide ( actually I have some dead speakers so ...).
I stopped using woofers bigger than 6 1/2 " :rolleyes:

What's cooking with the A26 today BK? :)

Made the important baffle cuts. The vent was a bit fiddly, but came out great. Hopefully I can make some progress on the bracing tomorrow.

BK

Attachments

• 1-IMG_3173.JPG
    1-IMG_3173.JPG
    423.4 KB · Views: 1,069
  • 2-IMG_3175.JPG
    2-IMG_3175.JPG
    421.7 KB · Views: 1,055
Are the speakers going to play some music this weekend? :)

No chance! But I will cut 22 pieces of damping material and fine tune the baffle and woofer-brace distance. Getting closer.

I spent today delivering an amp and a set of 3-ways I bought new in the '70s to my 16yr old nephew. He's taken an interest in old school rock and I want to encourage that. Not sure how I managed to hang onto those speakers through all those years and all those moves, but they do still sound good in that vintage kinda way!

BK

I spent today delivering an amp and a set of 3-ways I bought new in the '70s to my 16yr old nephew. He's taken an interest in old school rock and I want to encourage that.

Good on'ya! :)

Not sure how I managed to hang onto those speakers through all those years and all those moves, but they do still sound good in that vintage kinda way!

Well, you'll soon have a SOTA incarnation...

No-Rez foam cut to size and mitered.

Baffles and braces fine-tuned for fitment. I'll say it again - wow it takes a lot of time to make small corrections, especially with sandpaper and BB ply.

BK

Attachments

• 1-IMG_3186.JPG
    1-IMG_3186.JPG
    393.4 KB · Views: 949
  • 1-IMG_3187.JPG
    1-IMG_3187.JPG
    420.7 KB · Views: 945