DIY speakers for ACA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

Im new to the diy scene and am starting by building the amp-camp-amp kit and am looking to build a pair of speakers to match the amp.

After looking at allot of speaker kits and existing speaker designs i found to most of them have about a 85db sensitivity and i'm a bit afraid that won't be enough for the 5 watts output of the amp.

Does anyone know of any speaker kit / design / drivers that have a high sensitivity yet still provide enough bass to be driven without a sub-woofer. I'm preferably looking for a 2-way design.

Thanks in advance

Forgot the pix

Attachments

• IMG_3348.jpg
    IMG_3348.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3988.jpg
    IMG_3988.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 20160620_111623.jpg
    20160620_111623.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 178
Hi B4sti4n,

Whilst you might use a Pi speaker for PA purposes (high power handling, high efficiency) I don't think that's what they're really meant for?

I don't think the designers set out to make a PA speaker, just a good high efficiency, high fidelity one.

If that makes sense?

Ah, i meant the other way around the pi-speakers seem to use pa woofers like the Eminence Alpha for example. I hadn't really included those in my search, is there any quality difference between pa and 'Hifi' woofer at lowish volumes? To be clear im building a home/bedroom setup :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.