PHL2490 coaxial bass reflex port help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hell, I'm trying to find what would be the bass reflex port dimensions for this driver: any experience with PHL audio, there are quite silent at the mail...
Thanks in advance!

A quick search and I found this: http://www.speaker-cabinet-kit.com/kit-enceinte-tlhp-x20-2490.html .

Gotta love the specifications about the range they expect to cover with this setup. They couldn't have put a lot more n/a's on the page. The warning at the bottom of the page that some pieces of information may be missing or wrong translates to don't trust any of it.

The port in the example above is just a slot. I imagine the port you choose would depend on the cabinet size you are building, what type of port you want, where you are trying to tune the speaker to and what ever other considerations you have. All to say there is no single, simple answer.

Grant.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
As always, your best bet is to measure your own T/S parameters, but if you can't do that, then use the ones from here and plug them in to one of the many free or paid for box design programs out there.

With that Fs, I'd probably tune the box to about 80Hz, perhaps with a 1 or 2dB peak from the port to work better in-room and give you more perceived bottom end. But that's just me. :)

Ok, port tubes solved!
Now another thing:
This is just to make sure I'm going in the right way:
Here is the official diagram for the crossover which is a printed board: http://en.toutlehautparleur.com/media/catalog/product/datasheet/lapdb/CI-X20-2490.pdf
And here:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
sube imagenes

Here is my drawing of the crossover:

subir foto
Any thing wrong? I will do the crossover on top a wood plank board and solder components directly...
Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.