Car equipment in house it can be done and i am going to do it..EXPERTS!!!! watch me - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th March 2004, 02:06 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Car equipment in house it can be done and i am going to do it..EXPERTS!!!! watch me

I am fedup seeing all over these forums that car audio equipment cannot be used in house....but....i just got off the phone with the adire audio dealer in my country and he wants to charge me ah foot and hand for the adire audio gear......and i have a measly job......soooo i am gonna buy car audio gear and make a system for 100% music.......it can be done....it has soooo many car subs in my country....1 must have a low enough FS to work with.....i heard car subs in home environment....it sounded good 2 me.......i am going to use componenyts for the mains...pictures and graphs would be published...you all would see....call me mad stupid or just plain angry.......but i am positive it can be done......bye.....if it fails tough luck......if you all think its a bad idea tell me.......if you all have any suggestions give me......byeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 10th March 2004, 02:19 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

It's not whether it can be done, it's whether it should be...
I'm using an old car unit for background music at my electronics bench, but I don't confuse it with quality sound.
If money is the problem, buy something used or cruise the various designs available on the web. There are projects for every budget.

Grey
Old 10th March 2004, 02:21 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hey dude i live in trinidad......lol......home audio not very big overhere......not big at all....actually it sucks.......i dont want no stupid sony reciever........why cant car speakers produce the same quality as house speakers??
Old 10th March 2004, 02:37 AM   #4
postman is offline postman  Australia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to postman
Because theyre made with more comprimises than speaker drivers made for the home sound market.
Old 10th March 2004, 02:40 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I hate music.....its to expensive i give up...i am going to buy some klipsch....5.1 ultras and call it a night
Old 10th March 2004, 02:42 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

i am a student...so money is kinda tight but ilove muuuuuuuuuusic looooove but i want to buy something with quality but cheap.......help help help....my pay for my job sucks....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I want a cheap system for 100% music......i hate movies
Old 10th March 2004, 02:43 AM   #7
postman is offline postman  Australia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to postman
Can you get tangband drivers there ? There really cheap and resonably good quality.
Old 10th March 2004, 02:46 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

lol..in trinidad lol......good one.....the only thing we know about down here...is car music.......try again .and anything to order is pleeeeeeeanty money....a man want 2 sell me an adire audio ava250 for 2800$.....lol......to expensive for me.....if i buy that lol...i have no more money.....
Old 10th March 2004, 03:42 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

ditto
Old 10th March 2004, 04:24 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

The challenge is upon you to take what is available and get the most out of it. It may not be the best there is but I bet with enough dedication to sound audio principles you can come up with something very enjoyable. Read, ask questions and experiment.

Hide this!Advertise here!