Measuring the T/S parameters using an osciloscope - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th March 2004, 09:51 PM   #1
red is offline red  Romania
diyAudio Member

Default Measuring the T/S parameters using an osciloscope

Hy guys!!!I have a chinese 12" driver and I was wondering if I can use an osciloscope (as a milivotmeter and frequency counter)instead of a multimeter for the measuring.I have a teacher that might be able to let me work in a small lab for a couple of hours.I am asking this because I wonder if the parasite capacitor of the input of the osciloscope might destroy the measurements.
Another problem is that being a small lab I won't be able to keep the driver 60cm away from any surface like I am suposed...Actualy I'll have to put it standing on the table facing up and relay only on it's weight not to move (like in the picture).The question is will the errors be small enough not to affect the measurements really bad?Will I be able to use them or not?
Attached Images
File Type: png test1.png (8.2 KB, 32 views)
Old 9th March 2004, 11:27 PM   #2
Ron E is offline Ron E  United States
diyAudio Member

It doesn't matter much how you mount the driver - at least for the (mostly smallish) drivers I have measured both ways.

An o-scope will work fine. You can even use lissajous and get impedance and phase together....

Hide this!Advertise here!