What is wrong with this picture?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Quite impossible to say without knowing the whole scenario.
I would argue that you can't draw any conclusion from a FR with dips of up to 40dB.
Anyway, is your mic calibrated? Do you gate the measure (I don't think so)? If measuring the mid alone without crossover do you obtain something similar to the manufacturer graph from say 2KHz to 10KHz? Did you connect right the drivers to the crossover?

Ralf

PS: is this your first crossover?

You measure the impedance across the entire frequency spectrum. Best if measured in cabinet for woofers and mids. Sealed back tweeters can be measured anywhere.

I use DATS V2. Otherwise there's a way to adapt Room EQ Wizard to do this but I don't know how.

Point is, without a schematic and simulation of the system it's nearly impossible to tell what could be wrong.

Take a look at the LM-1 thread, there is a simulation file that can help you. It includes the FR and Z data for the drivers. It should help you see how this all fits together. There's also data on the LM-1C and a separate thread for the A26 which is too simple to be a good example for you.

Best,

Erik

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.