goodmans Magnum K2 three way

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So i got these with one crossover of two and missing Goodmans midranges and tweeters; for a while i put two dynaco cone mids and a couple of very inexpensive Peerless dome HFs 7.8 dc ohms with lousy results ; then , at my favorite hi-fi bazar shop i found a pair of unmarked dome mids that looked pretty awsome 2.25 inch diam massive magnet and 5.25 across; mesured 8.4 dc impedance; simply constructed same values second crossover enlarged mids cutout and installed the mid domes ; well , some planets aligned perfectly , as the results were nothing less than magical ; perfect balance subtil mid and highs , new crossover (litle upgraded) works flawlessly and the 12 inch Goodmans performed in accordance ; i understand that this kind of event is rare and i'm just awed by the results ; as confused as i am about this i will try to demystify and solve the dome mids history and make. Meanwhile i'm just relistening a large part of my music library (wave folders and original cds ,no MP3 of course)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.