Seas A26 Kit - Modelled in XSim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wonder what sort of tonal balance you may get with the speakers lower to the floor, against the rear wall, with the attenuating resistor removed?

Audio Note

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I purchased some really cheap stands for $65 so they will be replaced with Atacamas I think, umm still experimenting with setup I toed them in more last night and it sounded better still, they really don't interact to the rear wall as much as my previous BR speakers

I have a home-made circle jig that works well, if you are close to Port Melbourne, and want to rebate the drivers.

Port Melboune is nice, am in Elwood...nah I don't really see the need to rebate the drivers...I like the frame showing on the woofer it sort suits the design I went for...I used a pro circle jig when I did the routing their great btw, thanks for the offer though:cool:

I read somewhere rebating a tweeter or having it flush is important for its performance but no so much with a woofer...Id rather have that extra 6mm of wood for holding the basket anways, can always in the future cut another 6mm veneer with a woofer hole in it that would be easy to do

:) Comon, if it's easy : remove the woofer of the Dynaudio to acess to the filter ! Removing a cap then putt it back is non destructive for the speaker ! (Beginning by the HP filter of the tweeter first !)

I surmise the 52 to have a chemical or MKT for caps... putting a better MKP you could be surprise how better sound a Dynaudio tweeter vs a Seas one:cool: (and btw the Mundorf supreme cap for the tweeter (in serie) are good either !)

.... I'm sure the A26 are good, but the D 52 have not said all already !

ok, ok : off topic... but sometimes the simpliest tweaks are the better and some have some marvell not at their fully potential at home ;) (my hand for a D 52 Special Edition or the Anniversary one !)

:) Comon, if it's easy : remove the woofer of the Dynaudio to acess to the filter ! Removing a cap then putt it back is non destructive for the speaker ! (Beginning by the HP filter of the tweeter first !)

I surmise the 52 to have a chemical or MKT for caps... putting a better MKP you could be surprise how better sound a Dynaudio tweeter vs a Seas one:cool: (and btw the Mundorf supreme cap for the tweeter (in serie) are good either !)

.... I'm sure the A26 are good, but the D 52 have not said all already !

ok, ok : off topic... but sometimes the simpliest tweaks are the better and some have some marvell not at their fully potential at home ;) (my hand for a D 52 Special Edition or the Anniversary one !)

your crazy, but you got me thinking now!:spin:...no...no...I first must finish tweaking these new A26's for max performance

My Audience 52's are very much early 1st version I will have to post a pic, the caps could be replaced, I will keep them as test speakers for my audio workbench...My next job is TEAC A3440 reel to reel with Record fault ...aye lately my work never stops. long weekend here I need a :drink:

Effect of zobel on A26RE4

After adding 0.82mH to the tweeter, do you think there could be benefit in adding a zobel to the A26RE4? Without zobel the system phase variation is much more severe. The price is reduced system impedance at HF.

Attachments

• A26 zobel.PNG
    A26 zobel.PNG
    184.6 KB · Views: 557
  • A26 no zobel.PNG
    A26 no zobel.PNG
    185.7 KB · Views: 557
Last edited:
Hi,
I also built a pair of speakers based on the Seas A26RE4, but using the 27TBFC/G tweeters (have a look there ->Seas A26 topic)
I would also be interested in simulating it with this tweeter to see how much morse (or not) it performs against the recommended tweeter.
Can someone explain me how I can model it using this software? Thanks

Hi Sharpi,

Because the woofer has no filter, the Zobel is actually affecting the entire speaker. Kind of funky use. The phase is improved, but the impedance is high when angle is high, so that is a benign load. The best place to flatten impedance/phase is in the bass when impedance is low and phase angle is high. Here I don't see much benefit.

Also, the most important use of the Zobel is to improve the LP filter behavior, so it behaves ideally. No such filter, so no such need, but interesting experiment.

Best,

E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.