Bathroom speaker and Reverb concerns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I want to build a bathroom speaker from scratch and Im not talking about those ceiling mounted ones but a passive speaker that I'd connect to a dedicated AMP-Streaming Receiver.

Taking into account the massive reverbation and reflections inside a classic bathroom, is there any speaker multiway configuration that would help reducing those? Something like d'Appolito configuration where the main lobe is more focused towards the listening position and less side dispersion?

Thanks in advance!

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I suspect the best you will get is to fill as much of the room as possible before reflection, meaning waveguided corner speakers.

Thinking more about it I would think less high frequencies would be more relaxing. Maybe a line array of full range speakers, carefully fitted into the corners. I would probably consider running the line close to the ceiling but of course the lower half of the room may be out of the question. Maybe a single ceiling corner mounted full range.

Hey, it´s a bathroom !!!!!!!! :D
Live with it, and in fact it won´t sound bad at all. :)

FWIW even Pavarotti got into a bathroom to practice some singing, maybe there is something to it after all ;)

Besides: how many hours a day do you spend inside the bathroom? :eek:

If you REALLY want to solve the problem, install a shower inside this:

anechoic-6.jpg

if planning on a permanent bathroom speaker, I'd strongly suggest something along the lines of marine grade rated , full range or co-ax drivers, and don't install in the ceiling.

Unless it's a huge bathroom, I think reverb will be the last of your worries - add a few extra towel racks in strategic locations and could cut down on some of it

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.