Erse inductor distributors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone!

In search for high inductance (>10mH) and low resistance inductors I encountered Erse's iron cored Super Q -line. However, because of the obvious weight of those things I'm not too eager to order them from USA to here in northern Europe. Therefor my question is: Are there any Erse distributors in Europe? I really appreciate any info (although I prefer positive news =)

Best regards,
Mikko.

<sigh>

So no Europeans using Erse coils, huh? Is everyone using transformer coils then? If I'm going to buy my inductors from Europe, it seems that the only way to reach high inductance and extremely low resistance at the same time is by using Mundorf's zero-ohm coils and those aren't cheap...

Does anyone know whether Erse electronics has any official homepage or not? I tried to search but couldn't find any. LDSG hints that some other vendors might be using Erse coils but that's not confirmed.

If I took two ERSE (or any other brand "air core") 18awg 1.0mH air core inductors and stacked one on top of the other and wired them in series, what would the total inductance be; and, what is the effect if the +/- wires are switched - that is, let's call one lead on each inductor "A" and one "B" what if you have them stacked like that and wired in series, does it matter if A is connected to B or A is connected to A. Hmm ~ maybe having the elctricity flowing in same vs opposite directions around the coils would increase/decrease the overall total inductance?

If I wanted a little less inductance I can just unwind some, if I want a little more, could I stick a piece of rebar (the iron/steel stuff used to strengthen concrete structures) inside the coil?

I was thinking of buying a bunch of 1.0mH and .20mH inductors then I could add them together to come up with whatever size I needed at the time for building crossovers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.