Build Thread - Baronettes Towers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any issues with the xmax? Guessing some extra travel above quoted spec

Bill none! They certainly have more than 3mm xmax travel, frankly this is one of the nicest woofers I've used, the suspension has a very non linear nature in the way it dampens cone travel, I've never gotten this woofer out of shape, to distort audibly or certainly bottom out. The bass from this woofer is very accurate and hits deep notes, for $50 it blows away any of the Dayton RS options (which are very good).

I'd love to do an MTM with these, no subwoofer would be needed.

Javad

Bill none! They certainly have more than 3mm xmax travel, frankly this is one of the nicest woofers I've used, the suspension has a very non linear nature in the way it dampens cone travel, I've never gotten this woofer out of shape, to distort audibly or certainly bottom out. The bass from this woofer is very accurate and hits deep notes, for $50 it blows away any of the Dayton RS options (which are very good).

I'd love to do an MTM with these, no subwoofer would be needed.

Javad
Thanks v much! Tempted to.try these with a ribbon. Regarding hooking up in parallel- will the ohm rating be an issue?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.