Small difference is finished speakers Re

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have for a while a diy 2-way speakers 6,5"+1" , which sound perfectly fine to me.
However, I recently swapped a battery in my DMM, so I decided to check resistance of them for no obvious reason but curiosity.
Measured across speaker terminals one speaker showed 6.8 ohm and the other 7 ohm, is that a difference which requires attention or would you ignore it?

Kind regards
Marko

Thank you 454Casull and sangram, I can sleep tight tonight unless wife has other plans :)

Sangram,just to be clear this are the measurements from complete speaker system, from cable binding post via crossover to woofer and tweeter, not drivers individually, which by your explanation would make the difference even more negligible.

Kind regards

Marko

Since a thread is worthless without the pictures, here is the object of our musings, screws are fine BTW.:)

Attachments

• Zvu?nik_2.JPG
    Zvu?nik_2.JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 47
Oh, that's entirely different!! :)

What kind of cap are you using on your tweeter? Muahahaha. Seriously. Tell me or I won't be able to sleep.

Erik

Hello Erik,
there are two caps in series with the tweeter, one before the parallel coil and one after. The values were pretty high as 15uF and 30uF, that means expensive, so I went with cheap industrial MKP.

Kind regards

Marko

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.