trusonics in a folded corner horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Back in 1967 I came to know a man in the Pasadena, California area who had made a horn enclosure very similar to the Klipschhorn design, with a 15" Trusonic 150 Fr in the bass cabinet, and an 8" Trusonic 80FR in a midrange horn structure with the Toroid tweeter at the front. He was able to achieve the deep low-end that Trusonic advertised for the 150 FR, with a sparkling midrange. His name was Robert Allen and he moved to Texas around 1970 and I never heard from him again. My memory, which may be faulty, was that he made the bass horn slightly larger than the Klipschorn bass cabinet. By a miraculous chance, did anyone out there ever run across Mr. Allen and know of his work? I now have a set of 150 frs and 80 frs and, although I am retirement age, would like to build a folded corner horn for the big woofers. If i could get close to the results Mr. Allen achieved, i would be thrilled.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.